Tuesday, June 7, 2022

And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer and Longer

I didn't realize that And Every Morning The Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrik Backman is a novella. My community book club is doing a Fredrik Backman author study and that was the first book that I requested. It is a novella. But there's so much packed into this sweet short story.

As a grandfather is approaching the end of his life, this is about his attempt to focus on the memories that he is slowly losing. It's also about how his son and his grandson are coping with the upcoming loss of someone who is so important to each of them. All the while, they continue to care for him.

The grandson, Noah, has such an unbelievably special connection with his grandfather. It gave me pause to think back to the relationships that my parents had with my children (and made me wonder if I'll ever have grandchildren that I might have such a connection with).

This special, impactful story will stick with me for a long time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment