Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti

I am really not sure why I picked up The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti by Jennifer Probst after I didn't really love the first book of hers that I'd read, Our Italian Summer. I guess it's because I truly am a sucker for books that are set in Italy.

I did enjoy The Secret Love Letters of Olivia Moretti a little bit more than Our Italian Summer probably because my expectations were a little bit lower. It's also quite possibly because The Secret Love Letters... did a much better job of evoking Italy than Our Italian Summer did. There were a few inaccuracies in this one such as referring to Tuscany a few times. The book was set in the Amalfi coast, not in Tuscany. The other was something about spaghetti and meatballs which is a decidedly American dish and you will never find that in an restaurant in Italy. I made a note about Coca Cola, too. But can't decipher that now.

Otherwise, as romance goes, not a bad story. And as I said, this gave me much more a feel for Italian than One Italian Summer did.

You might like this one. It's not bad. But I can't truly recommend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment