Friday, February 17, 2017

True Confessions


About a month ago, I was pretty sick. Sick enough to wind up in the emergency room for a few hours. And sick enough to spend a few days in bed. And lots of nights going to bed super early. During that time, I had very little desire to read. Or watch TV. Or do anything. I'm still trying to come back from that period. So much in my life was put aside as I focused on getting myself to feel better. And now I have so much to catch up on. In my life, in my reading, and in my blogging.

As a reader, I'm completely overwhelmed right now. It was the week or so where I didn't read at all. It's the juggling of books coming in from the library at the same time.  It's reading for two book clubs but still wanting to read so many other books. It's the feeling that my "to be read" list keeps growing and growing and growing. It's my participation in a (walking) step challenge that has me spending so much more time every day walking instead of doing something else... which then takes up time I'd normally be reading.

It's happened before, it will happen again. Please hang in with me.

Right now, I'm reading Outlander #7, An Echo in the Bone. I'm reading The Autobiography of Thomas Jefferson (which is pretty dry) for Books & Beer Club. I lost track of what e-book came in from some library - and expired - before I got to even glance at it. 

Interestingly enough, the Outlander novel and the Thomas Jefferson autobiography deal with the same time period, which I'm hearing about from two different points of view. (I had no idea that New York was the last holdout for independence of the 13 colonies in 1776. Who knew? New Jersey wasn't too far behind.)

I apologize for not posting more regularly so far in 2017... but when I'm not reading, it's often just easier to keep quiet.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment