Monday, January 7, 2019

How many books are on your "To Be Read" shelf?


I was looking over my reading challenge for 2018 on Goodreads and noticed that many books that I'd read in previous years showed up - as unread - as being on my "Want to Read" shelf. I clicked through a few and deleted them. But then started really looking at my shelf. Even after deleting many of the books that were put in on error, I have a total of 891 books - that I have an interest in reading! I need to figure out if there's a way to somehow prioritize the list. Or categorize the list. I can't possibly read 891 books any time soon. Even if I was back to reading more than 100 books per year as I did when I was working, it would take me over 8 years to read through this list. And that assumes that I don't discover any new books that I want to add to my list.

Ideally, I could have my list broken up into books recommended by friends, books I've heard about through some reading newsletter, books that are in the news, and new (or old) books by authors that I love.

I considered deleting books from my list that I figured I'd never get to. But then I realized that when I'm between book club books and I'm looking for something to read, it's handy to have books that I ever even considered reading on my TBR list.

How to keep your list of what you think you'd like to read organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment