Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Honeymoon in Paris

Honeymoon in Paris was written as the prequel novella to The Girl You Left Behind, for those who were really anxious to get a head start on the Jojo Moyes novel. I read it afterwards. And I guess I'm glad I did.

The characters of Sophie and Liv were particularly unlikeable to me in this "honeymoon" appetizer to the main course. I think if I'd read this first, I wouldn't have gone on to read The Girl You Left Behind, and that would have been a shame. I really enjoyed The Girl You Left Behind.

Maybe because I didn't like this novella, I'm finding it impossible to write a review without giving lots of both books away. Suffice it to say, this was a waste of a reading day. The only saving grace was that it only took one day to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment