Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Hum If You Don't Know the Words - Take Two

Here's just a quick update to my post about Hum If You Don't Know the Words by Biance Marais that I read prepublication in June 2017.

I finally got to discuss this book with my community book club. If you've been following me, you know that I don't like to reread. Anything. I will admit to having a hard time getting into Hum If You Don't Know the Words this second time around. I was afraid that I might not be able to finish it in time to lead the book club discussion yesterday. But once I got into it, like the first time, I couldn't put it down. I loved it as much the second time as I did the first.

I was really happy that most of the women at the book club meeting liked it as much as I did. Only one person was a little on the fence about it because she found that so many of the characters were cliches. I think when you're trying to make statements about society, cliches might be the way to go.

One of our members heard a rumor that Marais plans to write a sequel at some point. For now, I look forward to reading her next novel, If You Want to Make God Laugh, which has a publication date of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment