Thursday, July 14, 2022

Britt-Marie Was Here

I love my new iPad - for almost everything but updating my blog. And it's only because I care to include the picture of the book cover in my review. If I left that out, I think I'd be okay.

Luckily, goodreads.com helps me keep a record of the books that I've read. But will I remember what each book was all about?

I loved Fredrik Backman's Britt-Marie Was Here. It is a totally memorable book, as are all the books I've his that I've read to date. Britt-Marie is the story of a 60-something woman starting over. Completely starting over. For years she's taken care of her husband, his kids and their home. All of a sudden, she has to take care of herself. 

To say that Britt-Marie is rigid would be an understatement, but I hesitate to say she has Asperger's. But you get the idea. She has difficulty with any changes to her routine. When you're starting your life over, there are plenty of changes to routine. She also struggles with basic verbal communication with others.

This novel reminds us that everyone has a backstory. Whether we know the backstory or not, everyone deserves kindness unless it is proven otherwise. Highly enjoyable and poignant read that I'd recommend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment