Monday, May 22, 2023

Italy for Food Lovers

I wasn't sure if I was going to review Rick Steves Italy for Food Lovers, a book co-written by travel guru, Rick Steves, and Fred Plotkin. Then figured, why not? My mouth was watering as I was reading.

I do recommend this travel guide with a sole focus on good eating in Italy for anyone who is planning a trip to Italy and wants to map out a food plan. While reading, I made note of what foods  are the specialities in each area we will be visiting as well as foods that might be in season while we're there. In a few cases, I also jotted down some of the restaurants they recommended. I'm carefully going through my notes and adding much of the information to the journal I am preparing for the trip.

I also paid attention to Italian words and phrases that will help me better understand menus and be able to order in Italian.

Counting down the days until our trip. Mangiamo!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment