Sunday, January 1, 2017

Top Titles for 2016



My reading goal for 2016 (and that I'll use again for 2017) was to read 36 books. I figured 2 book club books per month (one for each book club) and then an extra book that I could pick up and read based on personal choice. I exceeded my goal by 2 books coming in with 38 books. I didn't stop to count how many books were book club books versus my choice books. In those 38 books were 3 titles from the Outlander series. Those are BIG FAT books. Makes me even more pleased with surpassing my reading goal.

A friend asked me what my favorite books for 2016 had been. I thought perhaps others might be curious as well. I've broken them down into Classics (thank you, Books and Beer Club) and Contemporary. They are listed in no particular order.

Classics

  • The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Contemporary

  • Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
  • Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
  • The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennesy by Rachel Joyce
  • In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume

No comments:

Post a Comment