Monday, November 27, 2017

The Tao of Pooh

The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff is this month's Books & Beer Club title. It was a fairly short, fairly easy, fairly commonsense book. Explaining the concepts of Tao thru the characters of Winne the Pooh. The idea was to read the book and pick which Pooh character we're most like. I'm certainly no Pooh as I don't just take things the way they come, but I found little bits of me in many of the characters.

I finished this book on the plane ride up to New York. I plan to add to this post after the book club meeting tomorrow evening. In the meantime, would I recommend the book? I'm not sure. I think it should generate a great book club discussion, but not so sure this is the type of book I'd enjoy reading independently. One of the members of Books & Beer considers it her bible. Now that I've read it, I'd like her to explain what she means. I can guess, but I just don't feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment