Saturday, August 24, 2019

What to read next?


For years, every time I read a heavy book, I'd need to read something light and fluffy to counterbalance. For the past nine years, as I've been attempting to keep up with book club reads (many months, I've been trying to read with three book clubs), I haven't had the luxury of time to follow that pattern.

After finishing Waking Lions this morning, I realized that I most definitely need a light read now. Yet when I started browsing what's available from the library, most of the light books feel just too light. I took out Lonely Planet's book on Canada since I'm traveling there next month. But that's not a book to sit down and read, cover to cover, especially since I'm only going as far as the suburbs of Toronto. I'm so torn.

I'm too old for most chick lit. Fantasies and mysteries are not my genres. Romance hasn't been my thing since I graduated from college. Stay tuned to see what I select next.

No comments:

Post a Comment