Monday, October 26, 2020

Rage

I had no desire to read yet another book about the trump presidency. Plus I figured I'd heard all the key points in this narrative by journalist Bob Woodward by just watching TV. For awhile, it seemed that every day a new tape was released or that Woodward was being interviewed somewhere. But, my older daughter had requested this book from her library and when it became available, it was in e-Pub format (which she knows is my preference) and not Kindle format (which is hers). So I read it.

As expected, there were no real surprises. So much of trump's interviews had already been broadcast... and I'd already wondered why the heck trump would submit to the interviews and then answer in ways that were less than flattering and in many cases idiotic? I guess that's another book that Mary Trump might  want to write.

What will really stick with me, though, after reading Rage, is that my long held suspicion that things were undisciplined in the White House from day one was 100% spot on. 

Bob Woodward will need to write a follow-up book or update the epilogue or in some way update this book once we are looking at trump through the rear window. It's very current. Reaffirms things I'd already been thinking but until this nightmare of a presidency is over, the story cannot be fully told.

And now, for now, I am putting the trump book club on pause! With just a little over a week left until "Election Day" (whatever that exactly means this year), I just can't take anymore.

1 comment:

  1. "... once we are looking at trump through the rear window". Let's hope that is sooner rather than later. I'm sick and tired of reading anything about the guy. And I don't even live in your country. Something to be thankful for, that's for sure.

    I'm with you and wish you all the luck you need for next week.

    ReplyDelete