Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Someone Else's Shoes

I love Jojo Moyes, but I don't think I was the target audience for Someone Else's Shoes. Just since starting this blog, I've read quite a few of the novels of Jojo Moyes so anticipated this release and assumed I'd be blown away. It was a quick, easy, nice read, but I think I would have enjoyed it more when I was a little bit younger. (Am I only jealous that I can't even imagine wearing six-inch high Christian Louboutin red crocodile shoes - because I wouldn't be able to stand in them, forget about walking?)

Someone Else's Shoes is the story of two women trying to figure out who they are. When Sam accidentally takes Nisha's gym bag, with her really expensive, kick ass high heel shoes... and starts wearing them... it enables her to start thinking about a Plan B for life. At the same time that Nisha needs to develop her own Plan B when her life is thrown into disarray.

The story is humorous, warm and relatable. Similar to some other books of this author, female friendship is in the forefront. We can do so much more when we're working together.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment