Wednesday, August 30, 2023

La Vie, According to Rose

When I started reading La Vie, According to Rose, an Amazon Prime First Read selection by Lauren Parvizi, I thought, hey, didn't I just read this book? The plot of this one was remarkably similar to Italian for Beginners which I'd just finished. Both stories were about older sisters watching their younger sisters getting married. Both were raised by single parents. Both had jobs that had disappointed them. They had been disappointed by relationships with men. They needed a break. Biggest difference was in Italian for Beginners, Cat runs to Rome. And in La Vie, According to Rose, Rose heads to Paris. Both women end up staying in apartments with women who help them discover themselves.

And, as I mentioned in my review of Italian for Beginners, "Holiday in Rome" is an important part of each story. Partway thru La Vie, According to Rose, I watched the movie for the first time. Definitely gave me a better appreciation of both books.

Romance isn't my thing, and you'd think after reading a book so similar to this one - that was set in Rome, which this one was not, that I wouldn't have been able to finish this one. But it was a sweet book, had a nice message, and was a pleasurable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment