Thursday, February 29, 2024

The Lemon Tree

Lots of folks in many avenues were recommending The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan for a better understanding of the Israel/Palestine conflict. I was able to request the Young Reader's Edition from the library so that's the version that I read. I figured it might be an even better explanation than the version written for adults. Now I'm not sure about that. I felt like there was a lot missing.

This book certainly made me feel very pessimistic about what's going on in Israel now. The territorial claims on both sides are so strong. What I liked about this book is that it really forces you to consider the whole concept of "fugitive" and "refugee."

I feel like I got a lot more out of Noa Tishby's book, Israel: A Simple Guide to the Most Misunderstood Country on Earth. But I would recommend either one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment