Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Juggling books

Am I alone in juggling books?  



When I was teaching, I had 3 books going at all times. I was reading an "adult" book at home, a "kids' or young adult book" at work and would listen to an audio book while driving in the car. That's how I was able to finish over 100 books for a few years in a row.

Now, I only read kids' books that really appeal to me. I don't get enough "alone time" in the car to be able to listen to audio books. And my only juggling is based on availability of e-books from the library!

Last week when The Name of the Wind expired off my iPad, I was able to finally find an e-book version of Cross Creek for purchase at bn.com. I leave the expired title on my device. That's how it saves my place for when I'm next able to read again. The Name of the Wind reappeared on my Overdrive book shelf yesterday.

The Name of the Wind is getting a little bit better now that I'm more into the story (although it's still not going to change my mind about fantasy) and I'm also really enjoying Cross Creek. I'm always trying to imagine what it was like here 50 years ago, and I think Cross Creek gives me a good sense of that.

Books and Beer Club is discussing The Name of the Wind next Wednesday night so I think I'll lay down my juggling and focus on that one for the next week.

P.S. Let me know if you're a juggler, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment