Monday, March 14, 2016

Laments of a Book Club Reader

I'm less than 20% through reading The Name of the Wind. And I'm not all that impressed. I don't really like fantasy. Yes, I understand that most fantasy is like an allegory. You can apply the plot of a fantasy to real life. I get that. But I'm just not that into demons - or somewhat ancient times - or creatures. Or you name it.

I'm not drawn to pick up the book at every opportunity. And in bed at night, I get bored with the book before I get to the point where I can't keep my eyes open.

I've got 5 days left before the ebook will expire off my iPad. So I will at least give this book another 5 days. If I can't renew it online, so be it. If I can, I suppose I can give it another 14 days. I really prefer to show up at book club meetings having read the entire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment