Thursday, August 25, 2016

Are you inundated with emails?



Am I the only one who uses one email for personal correspondence, one (personal) email for work-related correspondence, another email for shopping... you get the idea. Are you with me?

This morning I checked the email that I use for all my "bookish" websites. Goodreads, Bookreporter, and so on. I hadn't been on my computer for awhile, doing most of my techy stuff on my iPad or my phone... and my computer is the only place where I receive this particular emails. Yikes! This is where I get book recommendations, information about contests where I can win free books and more!

In addition to getting Bookreporter and BookPage and being kept up-to-date on what my friends are reading from Goodreads, I also receive daily emails from different sources letting me know the availability of inexpensive books that I can purchase for a short period of time. Are you familiar with these sites? Since I haven't checked my computer in weeks, who knows what book opportunities I've missed out on. Mostly I take advantage of the freebie books. You just never know when you're going to be between books and in need of something on hand (or on Nook or Kindle or other e-book device). Every once in awhile I'll spot a good deal on a book that I have on my TBR list and I'll spend the money to purchase those books.

If you aren't subscribed to these sites, and you love to read, maybe you should sign up. What are some of my favorites?

For book deals:
BookBub
Goodreads Deals
Simon & Schuster

For book reviews (and free print books):
Goodreads      (this is also a great site for giveaways)
Bookreporter  (this is probably my favorite for contests, too)
BookPage (they have contests here, too, but I've yet to win a book here)
Read It Forward (they also have giveaways)

Just for the giveaways:
Random House Books    (they also offer info on upcoming books, news from favorite authors and a whole lot more)

These are my top favorites. For now. I'd love to hear if you have any favorites that I haven't mentioned.




No comments:

Post a Comment