Monday, May 31, 2021

The Bookish Life of Nina Hill

 

I wouldn't exactly call Button Man a heavy read, but it wasn't light either. Yet after completing that book the other morning, I decided that I really needed something lighter to read. (Judging from what I've read the past few weeks, I think I'm at a stage where I want to read light fluffy stuff. I think this is the fourth light book I've read out of the past 10 books! 

The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman which I discovered while browsing the library website was perfect for my reading mood right now. It's about a young woman who lives a pretty solitary life. She works in a bookstore. Loves reading, loves trivia. Keeps a planner. Loves photography. Sounds like someone else I know. (Me, in case you're wondering!)

After living all her life having no idea who her father was, she gets a phone call from a lawyer letting her know that her father has died and she's invited to the reading of the will. He also informs her that even though she's lived all her life alone, she is actually part of a large family. She'll get in touch with her nephew and he will fill her in on who is who.

I gave this one 4-stars on goodreads because sometimes Nina's sarcasm - and the sarcasm of most of the other characters (really, everyone so sarcastic?) seemed a little forced. But otherwise, I loved the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment