Sunday, August 7, 2022

The Paris Apartment

You can add The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley as a book I wouldn't have selected on my own but enjoyed reading. It should be interesting to discuss at this week's book club meeting. (And pretty amazing that I finished reading a book club book just 4 days before we'll be discussing it. Maybe I'll remember a little bit more this time.)

The Paris Apartment is a mystery along the lines of Murder on the Orient Express. Jess arrives in Paris, planning to stay with her brother, Ben, while she regroups. She arrives at the posh building where Ben is living, only Ben is missing. Everyone in the building claims to not know him well when approached by Jess. Everyone in the building has a reason why they'd like Ben gone.

What I enjoyed about the book was the way Foley unfolded the story. It was told thru the perspective of several residents of the building. As I read more and more, my suspicions as to where Ben might be and who might have done it changed. The pieces did turn out to be what I'd guessed. I like when that happens, especially in a mystery thriller.


No comments:

Post a Comment