Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Bullet Journal Method

 

This is the second time I've read thru Ryder Carroll's The Bullet Journal Method. If you'd like to read my original review, written in June 2019, a few months after I started keeping a bullet journal, you can find that here. I'm not sure why I felt the need to re-read this "bible" of bullet journaling, but I guess I needed some sort of affirmation that I'm still on the right track.

Like the first time I read this self-help guide, I didn't feel like I was the target audience. I'm not at the stage of building a career or juggling a busy family life. I'm a retiree who doesn't do too much of anything (but read... obviously). Although I am replanning a trip to Italy that was originally planned for October of 2020.

I did get confirmation that I'm using my bullet journal "properly." (In case you're unfamiliar with bullet journal, it's a system of keeping a planner and a journal in one book, designed by the user to specifically meet the needs of a user. I've evolved into doing what I'm doing. Rereading this book gave me a better understanding of why I'm doing what I am doing, even the thinks that I "discovered" by adapting my bullet journal over time.

If you're thinking of bullet journaling, I think you get more information from blogs you can find online.

The one big takeaway this time might be the companion app that goes on your phone, for those times when you just don't have your notebook with you. (I rarely carry my notebook with me, unless I'm working on a specific project.) Apparently what the app can also do is index all your bullet journals, something I'd been wondering how to do long before I reread the book. It might be worth the $4.99 to index the way that Ryder Carroll suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment