Monday, February 1, 2016

Is three times a sign?

In the past 6 days, I've been asked about my book blog. Three times. Should I take that as a sign that I'm supposed to be blogging about books? Three times?

The first time this came up was last Tuesday. I was manning a table at an Activity Showcase within my community. I'm the lead person of one of the book clubs and a prospective member, hearing my enthusiasm for all things book-related, asked if I kept a book blog. I can't tell if she was disappointed with my negative response but I really didn't think much about it.

Then, on Friday, in one of my photography groups online, somehow the topic of book clubs came up. One of the other photographers mentioned that she'd been keeping a book blog for her book club for years. "Have you ever considered doing that?" In addition to blogging for her book club, she now includes reviews and thoughts about her non-book club related reading. My response was, "Maybe I should think about doing something like that for my book club reads, if not for my book club." I started thinking more seriously about starting a book blog. I really have to feel passionate about a book to want to put fingers to keyboard to develop a book review that makes sense... and I don't often feel passionate about most of the books I've been reading of late. I started thinking more and more. After all, I take the time once a month to write an article about our book club meeting for the local paper. If I can do that, does it mean that I can - or should - blog?

Finally, while playing bocce in our neighborhood league yesterday, I asked a neighbor who I know loves to read, "Whatcha reading these days?" She said, "Today I'm reading..." and mentioned the name of some James Patterson book. Then she asked me not what I'm reading now but if I have a book blog. Yesterday, I said no. Today... I can say yes. Today I have a book blog.

What to expect in my book blog? I'll keep you up to date on all my reading adventures. You'll be apprised of what is going on in both the book clubs I belong to - the one I lead and the one I simply attend. And if I'm lucky enough to find time to read books other than my two book club reads per month, you'll hear about that, too.


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment