Thursday, February 4, 2016

What's up, Overdrive?

Not a fan of the latest Overdrive update

I read the bulk of my books as e-books on my iPad. And when given a choice, I've been using the Overdrive app as my reader.

I thought it strange that the formatting and navigation in The Child Called "It" was just like I was in the Kindle app. Naively, I thought it was the e-book. It wasn't until I went back to reading Outlander this morning that I realized it was Overdrive that had changed. Sure enough, I checked to see if Overdrive was a recent automatic update. It was.

It still works. But it's not as intuitive. And in a humongous volume like the Outlander 7-bundle pack, it's more difficult to see how far into the specific book I am. It takes forever for the page numbers to load. And the numbers are so small or light - or something - that I can't see them without my glasses. That's unfortunate as I don't need my glasses to read.

I read some of the reviews of the upgrade. I guess I should be glad my app still works... and keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment